Sunday, January 27, 2008

2008 Blog: Patriots

It’s been about a year and a half since I wrote almost anything or posted. No real good excuse, just waning interest. The whole idea of the blog was just to practice writing but evolved into something else that I wasn’t really comfortable with or interested in. It was a little too gossipy, a little too inside about my group of friends and the beach house. Well, I’m going to try and start posting again and let it go wherever it goes. It’s my fucking blog so lets get the focus on me. I pretty much went into hiding following the summer. More so than usual as pretty much no one wants to talk to me in light of the amazing year Boston sports was having. Sure, there are lots of other reasons people won’t talk to me, but I’ll blame it on the Bosox, Pats, and Celts. “Um, hey what’s up, it’s Jay. Want to watch the game? You have to root against me? I understand, maybe some other time…Go Sox, Pats, and Celts!” Click. With so much on the line with so many of these games, I couldn’t handle people rooting against my teams. The Sox won the World Series and there were some very tense moments, but they could afford to lose a game here and there. Now come the Patriots and everyone is talking undefeated season. Yeah, sure, I’m down with that but never really believed it. Fuck, whenever the Sox win opening day I immediately send out an email predicting a 182-0 season. Well, as I write this, it’s the bye week before the Super Bowl, and the Patriots are 18-0. It’s fucking unbelievable and great, but it has grown more and more stressful with every win. My body is literally breaking down, I’ve been breaking out in hives this week (no joke, first time in my life), my complexion can best be described as "red and blotchy", and if you know me I don’t even have to mention the pounding my liver and lungs have sustained. If the Pats had lost a regular season game, this would just be another Super Bowl run. Now, it’s the difference between the team that went undefeated and choked in the playoffs or Super Bowl, and the greatest team in the history of football. Fuck! I just sprouted a new hive writing that. Bragging rights forever are on the line. By the way, I’ll be going to Mohegan Sun for the game with a friend coming down from Beantown with hard drugs, it’s the only right thing to do in light of the fact we are playing the NY Giants. (Should be fun having a blackjack dealer trying to figure out why I haven't blinked or stopped talking for the past three hours.) If we win, Giant’s fans will be firebombing my apartment. If we lose, I’ll be doing 25 to life for multiple homicides. I’d plead insanity of course, and it would be true. Go Pats, GO FUCKING PATS!
Cheers Motherfuckers.
P.S. I’ll deal with the Celtics at a later date.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home