Thursday, March 31, 2005

Titles

I've been giving a lot of thought to titles for my random thoughts type blog. The Sports Guy has "More Cowbell", an homage to the Saturday Night Live bit with Will Farrell. Here are some of my ideas:
Drunken Blather.
Self-Serving Drivel.
Learn to Swim.
Soupy Dreck.
Thoughts from an Ass Monkey.
I hate Chris Brown.
Where the Fuck are my Beach House Checks?
Queer Eye for Your Red Eye.
What would Johnny Damon do?
Yankees Suck!
Please put me on the Liver Transplant List.
Legalize!

I think the winner is...."Learn to Swim"! Just feels right.
I've been seriously slacking on this blog thing. I just got a new video game, Manhunt, which is to blame. I'm a convicted killer (in the game, mind you) who has been abducted by a snuff film producer. I have to sneak around killing gang members in brutal and shocking ways while the producer eggs me on. Disturbing but strangely addicting.
I'm also looking to do a "Jay's work week in review" blog. I had a couple good ones from last week. I asked one of my client's what his goals were, as he is doing nothing at the moment. He tod me, "I just want to smoke cigarettes and act the fool." I'll let you guess the demographics of this young man. He's psychiatrically stable, in treatment, and living in supported housing, so I'm graduating him from my program. He will be free to "act the fool" to his heart's content, and I will not ever have to keep a straight face after hearing something like that from him again. Really, I almost fell out of my chair.
Another of my guys explained to me how he is doing great and his only vice is "cigarettes and sometimes cocaine, but I don't have a problem with it." He's schizophrenic but lives independently in the East Village and works odd jobs. He actually is doing okay compared to the past, gets long-acting injectable medication which keeps him stable.
The funny part about these two are that while professionally I can't condone this stuff, on a personal level I completely understand. What would I do if I won the lottery/ figured out some way not to have to work. "Act the fool" would be another way to say it, and may accurately describe how I spend my free time now. Drinks, drugs, cigarettes, video games, sports, TV, and hanging at bars with my friends. I do exercise as well, in my own defense. As Rich M. and I were discussing over drinks, I don't want to climb Mt. Everest or anything, I just want to be comfortable and enjoy myself.
Cheers Motherfuckers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home