Friday, May 06, 2005

Break ups

Looking forward to Karl's BBQ this Saturday. Anyone else doing the hotel thing? We're at the Mahwah Doubletree, FYI. Great time last night, count me in on that happy hour anytime. How do I register for it? A quick thought in the meantime.
A couple we know recently broke up, which is sad. I can't say I was terribly surprised, seemed to have different interests. I have no details nor would I discuss it here if I did. The reason I mention this is that it got me thinking about Shallon and I. If I broke up with Shallon, I'm pretty sure everyone would consider me an asshole and an idiot. I would have to be crazy. Now what if Shallon broke up with me? I realized in a heartbeat that people would probably understand. She'd receive sympathy and compassion. I'd receive scorn and disbelief. That's a scary realization to have. I'm doing the dishes and picking up all my empties to try and stay in her good graces. Maybe I'll get some flowers, seems easier than trying to change.

One last thing, a woman in the office recently returned from maternity leave. I overheard her on the phone talking about the birth. "It was a breach birth, really tore me up." This woman is pretty hot, but now I'm totally freaked out by that thought. The miracle of child birth. Yuck! If Shal ever gets the child itch, I'm making a pre-emptive strike and buying her a puppy. And I hate puppies. Cheers motherfuckers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home