Thursday, March 31, 2005

French Bread Pizza

I ran into Dan McCarthy last Sunday. I saw him going into one of our many fine Korean convenience/grocery stores. I was with Shal and thought we'd say hi, maybe scare him in the store by having Shal accuse him of date raping her the night before. The store was near his house so I figured it must be his regular place. What could be funnier than having someone scream, "Rapist!" at you in the store you always go to? Exactly, nothing. A great goof. Of course Shal wouldn't go for it so we just stuck with hi. Dan was surprised to see us, looked somewhat frightened and guilty. This was probably because he was buying K-Y jelly and kielbasas, and I knew Ali was out of town. Kidding, or am I? I am, really he was buying a box of Stouffer's French Bread Pizza. He explained he'd been sick Friday and Saturday and had just stepped out to the store to get some dinner. "Okay, feel better, catch you later."
Something started to bother me once he left. I was having deja vu. I'd heard Dan mention Stouffer's French Bread Pizza before. It is what he refers to as his "bachelor meal", his go to when Ali is out of town. You may be asking yourself, "So fucking what?" Well let me tell you. Hoboken has more great pizza places than you can shake a stick at. If you are leaving your house to get pizza, go to Benny Tundino's for God's sake. What is wrong with Dan, he has to go home now and COOK the pizza. Dirty a pan! This makes no fucking sense to me. It outrages me. A slice is hot, comes with it's own plate, and only costs about $2.00. Plus there is free salt, pepper, garlic, parmesan cheese, and hot pepper flakes!
I would have understood if it had already been in the freezer. I keep all kinds of food around the house. I got cases of soup, mac and cheese, hot pockets, and even Spaghettios. (B.J.'s rocks!)These are perfect microwave foods for when you are too lazy to go out. But would I ever go out and buy one of these items for a meal? Hell no! To me this is the equivalent of going to Subways in Hoboken and ordering an Italian sub. This one should be punishable by death. Go to Vito's, which is the best, or any of the other great Italian delis around town.
I'll expect answers Dan, you motherfucker.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home